1. The sales manager of the Butterfly Chair Corp. wishes to compensate his sales force in a way that will provide some security, incentive, flexibility, and control. The company should offer its sales force:
7. Clearwater Office Supply sells frequently purchased office supplies to businesses in a metropolitan area. It is well established with a large share of the market. Its promotion should probably focus on:
The following terms appeared on an invoice dated May 22nd, which was sent by a manufacturer to a retail store: 2/10, net 30. The amount of the invoice was $2,000. Assuming the retailer paid the invoice on June 1 (within 10 days after the products were delivered), how much should he have paid?
16. The marketing manager for Aerial Photography, Inc. says his sales reps have gotten in the habit of setting prices for products that do not produce a profit. Aerial Photography apparently is using:
Pricing objectives should flow from, and fit in with:
25. Michael Soles–owner of Soles Shoe Store–recently discovered that shoe stores in his trading area have an average markup of 40%. Upon investigation, Michael found that his average markup is $15 on shoes that he sells for $45. This suggests that:
27. Gabriella Sax believes that customers in her dress shop find certain prices very appealing. Between these price levels, all prices are seen as roughly the same, and price cuts in these ranges generally do not increase the quantity sold (i.e., the demand curve tends to drop vertically within these price ranges). Therefore, Sax prices her items as close as possible to the top of each such price range. This is referred to as:
Marketers estimating the demand curve:
The following 4 questions are short answer and each should be a minimum of 300 words. APA is not required, but strong, factual, and original answers are.
31. Provide three examples when advertising to intermediaries might be necessary? What are the objective(s) of such advertising?
32. What is the difference between one-price and flexible-price policies? Which is most appropriate for a hardware store? Explain your reasoning in detail with examples or citations from the textbook.
33. What is the difference between leader pricing and bait pricing? What do they have in common? How can their use affect a marketing mix? Explain your answer.
34. Why do many department stores seek a markup of about 30% when some discount houses operate on a 20% markup? Identify and explain at least three reasons.
Other questions 10
Our customer support team is here to answer your questions. Ask us anything!
👋 Hi, how can I help?